Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for children's desserts

(15 Posts)
CoffeeChocolateWine Mon 24-Apr-17 11:21:19

I'm after some new ideas for pudding/desserts for my two DC who are 8 and 5. Relatively healthy would be a bonus!

They tend to have something sweet after dinner on most evenings but this might be just fruit or a yoghurt. Other favourites are things like strawberries and ice cream, banana and custard, chocolate mousse, fruit ice lolly, muffin with custard, waffles with fruit, jelly, rice pudding etc. They both love fruit but they don't like cooked fruit so things like crumbles are not popular. They also don't like cream.

Any ideas that I could add to my repertoire? Btw, I know they don't need dessert every day but they like it and so do I smile

MusicToMyEars800 Mon 24-Apr-17 11:26:20

homemade fruit mousse always goes down well with my dds, plus it's healthy and can be topped with more fruit grin
mix chopped fruit in with either natural or flavoured yoghurt and freeze it.
what about making a chocolate sauce and fruit kebabs, we do this every week my dds love it sometimes we add marshmallows to the fruit kebabs.

MusicToMyEars800 Mon 24-Apr-17 11:27:04

love your username btw, my 3 favourite things grin

Teddy6767 Mon 24-Apr-17 11:29:09

You can get individual meringue nests from the supermarket (think they only have about 80 calories each) and then top with berries and yogurt.
You could also freeze fruit smoothies into ice lollies.

CoffeeChocolateWine Mon 24-Apr-17 11:33:49

Lol, I chose it about 5 years ago when my daughter was being an incredibly difficult baby and I was tearing my hair out! Coffee, chocolate and wine got me through that time! She's much more chilled out not thank goodness!

Thanks for those suggestions. Will definitely try them, they sound great.

CoffeeChocolateWine Mon 24-Apr-17 11:36:11

Teddy, they're not keen on meringues (madness, they are my favourite!) but the smoothie ice lollies sound fab.

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 24-Apr-17 12:36:31

Pancakes

WankersHacksandThieves Mon 24-Apr-17 12:41:14

Semolina with a blob of jam - I sometimes dye it blue or green or pink for a change smile
Homemade brownies/oat bars
Scone and Jam
Banana cookies
Carrot cake

Abetes Mon 24-Apr-17 12:44:51

Fruit juice jellies and fruit
Scotch pancakes
Fruit kebabs
Fruit compote over ice cream

WankersHacksandThieves Mon 24-Apr-17 12:51:10

My mum used to make milk jellies which is basically milk poured into jelly as part of the liquid amount - wait till it's cold so it doesn't curdle.

Grilled pineapple sticks with a chocolate, yoghurt or fromage frais dip.

MusicToMyEars800 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:31:03

also another one we have is pancakes with homemade blueberry sauce, delicious I make extra sauce so I can have it for breakfast grin

Willow2017 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:52:34

Choc banana loaf goes down well here.
One of the kids friends hates bananas but loves this!

BasicBetty Mon 24-Apr-17 16:56:39

Greek yoghurt, topped with any fruit (usually banana or raspberries in our house), sprinkled with a little bit muscovado sugar 5-10 mins before eating. The sugar turns into a toffee/caramel sauce. Smiles all round!

BasicBetty Mon 24-Apr-17 16:58:08

I sometimes make fruit kebabs, with mini marshmallows threaded the centre of the "kebab". Much eating of fruit to get to the marshmallows....

bibbitybobbityyhat Mon 24-Apr-17 16:59:49

Fruit kebabs (just chunks of raw fruit threaded on to a kebab stick) and maybe sprinkled with a very slight dusting of icing sugar for fanciness are a lovely pud for children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now