Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Couscous in a jar

(5 Posts)
originalbiglymavis Mon 24-Apr-17 09:05:29

I saw a clip in tv where you get a glass jar, add dry couscous, chickpeas, veggies etc.

Supposedly you prepare it in advance, and just add boiling water and leave to cook - a bit like a posh pot noodle!

I'm thinking about making one to take to work for lunch. Has anyone tried it?

milkmoustache Mon 24-Apr-17 11:30:58

Not sure how the veg would cook, or avoid going soggy. It would be easy to knock up couscous salad at home and probably with better results.

originalbiglymavis Mon 24-Apr-17 11:33:14

I was wondering how you could stop soggy chickpeas going really nasty! Another 'brilliant' but duff idea!

TyneTeas Mon 24-Apr-17 22:33:42

I usually use chopped spring onion and peppers, so they don't need to be cooked and it works fine, suppose you just have to pick and choose what goes in

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/cous-cous.html

I usually stick it all in a (usually warmed) pan with a lid on or a bowl with cling film, never thought about a jar!

You can eat it cold for lunch if you make it at home though

Kokusai Sun 30-Apr-17 18:19:52

Oh o do this sometimes but just use a tupawear bowl with lid I like to eat out of.

I use those sachets of flavoured couscous, so one of those, some veg like grated carrot, spring onion, diced red pepper, baby toms cut into 1/4 and maybe some meat like chorizo or leftover cooked chicken and sometimes feta cubes.

Then at work I tip in boiling water, stir and cover.

You can buy John west tuna and couscous pots which basically do this. They are nice and I buy them on special offer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now