Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me what to cook tonight

(9 Posts)
Mrsboathook Fri 21-Apr-17 14:22:00

Because I am broke tired from Evil Toddler Sleep Training.
I have most things in. Including a slightly fussy toddler and his much fussier 4 year old sister. They've already had pasta 3 nights this week and fishfingers and chips once blush. Thank you wise ones!

Bedsheets4knickers Fri 21-Apr-17 14:27:50

Make a mild chilli con carne

WindwardCircle Fri 21-Apr-17 14:32:44

Jacket potatoes, easy topping (cheese, beans, tuna mayo type thing) and cut up veggies/salad (cucumber sticks, carrot sticks, sliced pepper, cherry tomatoes).

toffeeboffin Fri 21-Apr-17 14:33:24

What do you have in?

Rubyslippers7780 Fri 21-Apr-17 14:35:03

Jam sandwiches shaped like stars. Carrot sticks and hummus made to look like a face with crackers etc. A finger buffet and let them at it. They will see it as a 'treat but requires little prep, cooking or effort. Win win.

Mrsboathook Fri 21-Apr-17 14:35:29

Jacket potatoes sounds genius.

I have mince, chicken mini fillets, pretty much every vegetable known to man, and a full to brim store cupboard after a supermarket trip earlier.

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 21-Apr-17 14:40:15

Home made chicken gougons with potato wedges and veg.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Fri 21-Apr-17 14:44:57

If you've got some ground allspice, shake that over the chicken mini fillets, fry or griddle them and serve with veg sticks for the kids. Couscous and yoghurt will boost it for adults.

Mrsboathook Fri 21-Apr-17 16:52:51

Thank you all for the ideas. Kids had cheesy baked potatoes with finger food veg, adults having the spiced chicken and couscous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now