Talk

Advanced search

Best tuna pasta bake receipe?

(4 Posts)
DataColour Thu 20-Apr-17 11:01:04

Please could you share with me your best tuna pasta bake receipes that actually work?
When I try, they go all dry at the top and I can't get the sauce just right...and it doesn't taste of much.

Thanks!

BrieAndChilli Thu 20-Apr-17 11:02:47

I do
Pasta, sweet corn tuna with a tin of chopped tomatoes and some cheese sauces and seasoning like salt and pepper and a tiny bit of cayenne pepper
All mixed together and the man topped with grated cheese and crushed crisps and then baked.

AtleastitsnotMonday Thu 20-Apr-17 13:31:40

I don't use a cheese sauce at all, I make it wi th a tomato base but only enough to keep it moist, I don't like sloppy tuna pasta. I reduce a tin of chopped tomatoes with some finely chopped and sweated off red onion and finely chopped basil and oregano, lots of black pepper and a good glue of balsamic. Stir through the pasta with tuna and sweet corn. Then top with cheese and breadcrumbs before it goes in the oven.

DataColour Fri 21-Apr-17 11:45:20

Thanks for the replies.

I couldn't have used cheese sauce (sorry forgot to say!) as DD doesn't like cheese.

I did make it with tomato sauce yesterday, topped it with just cheese (kept DD's portion aside). Didn't have breadcrumbs or crisps...need to be more organised next time. Crisps is a great suggestion though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now