Talk

Advanced search

Chocolate for chocolate fountain?

(9 Posts)
GnarlyOldGoatDude Wed 19-Apr-17 18:28:43

Please don't judge me, I know a chocolate fountain is not on many people's wishlist, but I acquired one recently for me the childrengrin

Bought some expensive chocolate for it from Amazon and it was lovely, but at £12 a bag, waaaaay too pricey for regular use.

Can anyone recommend a more affordable way of filling up this glorious edifice of chocolate-giving wonder? grin

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Wed 19-Apr-17 18:33:07

any decent chocolate and some good quality neutral oil isn't it for a choc fountain....tbh due to the quantity you need it's always going to be pricey unless you want to try to clart it up with shitey dairy milk

Now I am wondering if my chocolate fountain is still in the loft.....frozen raspberries are JUST the best!

DevelopingDetritus Wed 19-Apr-17 18:35:46

Probably a good job it's so expensive, you'd be having them daily else grin
Has the chocolate got a very high oil content to make it flow better or something?
Would a hot chocolate fountain be cheaper or work at all. You could put a few chocolate bars in, still would be cheaper than £12.

ragged Wed 19-Apr-17 19:05:28

50p for 50gram chocolate, value line or whatever supermarket sells. Buy a load of those bars.

Add plenty of vegetable oil to it!
Don't overheat it in microwave (will stiffen up forever).
Must be well melted in m-wave-oven before you add it to fountain.
don't overload fountain or you will burn out the motor.

GnarlyOldGoatDude Wed 19-Apr-17 19:08:10

Wow thank you, I wasn't sure anyone would admit to having one grin

Frozen raspberries sound awesome!

The one I bought on Amazon was Giles and Posner (or similar) and was little chocolate chips that you melt in the microwave, no need to add any oil. Then put into the warm fountain. Tasted amazing, but can't afford that in a regular basis, and probably wasted on the kids.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Wed 19-Apr-17 19:10:07

lidl and aldi can be good for decent cocoa% chocolate.

I am goign to send ds2 up to the loft to see if it's still up there!

Greyingmumto3 Wed 19-Apr-17 19:15:00

We have one smile about 3 bars of dairy milk does ours with a bit of oil if I remember correctly (haven't used ours in a while though since a drunken party and buffet experiment !! Chocolate sausages anyone ? )

GnarlyOldGoatDude Thu 20-Apr-17 09:47:27

Thank you, I shall have to do some experimenting <happy dance>

(Maybe not the sausages though)

FemelleReynard Thu 20-Apr-17 16:17:29

Cheap chocolate and vegetable oil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now