Talk

Advanced search

Hit me with your salad recipes!

(15 Posts)
rememberpurpleronnie Mon 17-Apr-17 21:09:25

I like salads which are interesting and fill me up. I hate a plate of just greenery, but I do like the opportunity to get some veg in me. Please share your good salad recipes. Here's my current favourite-
Red onion/ tablespoon balsamic- bake 15mins, add handful cherry tomatoes and continue to bake until these burst open. Meanwhile - add olive oil to rocket, cut an avocado into chunks and fry some bacon lardons. Cut half a block of Greek salad cheese (bit like feta) into chunks. Pile onto plate. Add a tin of cooked green lentils to tomato and onion mix to warm through, then put on top. Really filling and tasty!

dudsville Mon 17-Apr-17 21:13:22

I throw everything in. Boiled eggs rolled in salt and pepper. Cheese. Humus. Cous cous. Olives. Red pepper. Spinach. Rocket. Shaved carrot. Beetroot. Olive oil and basalmic. A side of tuna mayo. Any other veg! I love it all mixed in.

Wolfiefan Mon 17-Apr-17 21:14:09

I love the book salad love! Can't remember who by. Lots of ideas.

Ellieboolou27 Mon 17-Apr-17 21:14:33

Beetroot, red onion, balsamic, olive oil, new potatoes, coriander, you can add anything else such as watercress and boiled eggs, sounds vile but it is so good.

Crispbutty Mon 17-Apr-17 21:16:46

Russian salad

New potatoes peeled and cubed
Boiled egg chopped
Tun of Tuna
Mixed veg (peas green beans and carrots) defrosted
Mayo

Lovely Spanish tapas dish smile

BasicBetty Tue 18-Apr-17 12:20:12

This is gorgeous.
www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/black-bean-salad-with-corn-red-peppers-avocado-lime-cilantro-vinaigrette.html

foodiemama26 Sat 22-Apr-17 13:14:14

I love spicy roasted veg and feta salad. I roast red and white onion, courgette, butter nut squash, peppers and carrots with hot paprika and garlic and serve on a mix of spinach and rocket with crumbled feta on top. As a side dish we love rocket, pear and parmigiana salad.

user1482079332 Sat 22-Apr-17 13:18:04

Always add houllumi to everything

QuiteLikely5 Sat 22-Apr-17 13:19:53

Tuna Mayo, lettuce, cheese, cucumber, beetroot, red peppers, slaw, cherry toms, boiled eggs

Absolutely delicious

DellaPorter Sun 23-Apr-17 11:19:46

I like left over roast garlic potato or sweet potato chunks dressed with oil and vinegar, thinly sliced red onion, feta and dark green leaves like spinach or rocket

A deconstructed pesto - tomato, onion, cucumber, basil leaves, mozzarella, pine kernels and a dressing including a squirt of mayo and a spoonful of pesto

Walnuts, chickpeas, radishes - all nice in salad

Couscous with lots of fresh herbs, soaked sultanas, chopped peppers of all colours, spring onions

AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 23-Apr-17 19:50:40

Spinach, roasted sweet potato, red peppers, finely chopped pickled gherkins and celery with balsamic vinegar and chickpeas roasted in paprika.

Dancergirl Mon 24-Apr-17 13:34:46

I made this one up:

Lightly cooked green/French beans cooled. Toss in a bit of olive oil and chilli (I use easy chilli in a jar). Add chopped pecan nuts. Delicious!

TyneTeas Mon 24-Apr-17 22:26:10

This salsa salad is one of my favourites, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, chillies, coriander, parsley, pepper and lemon juice, lovely in wraps

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/salsa-salad.html

MingeFog Mon 24-Apr-17 22:31:29

I went to a gathering where a Turkish friend-of-a-friend had made a delicious salad; she said it was a Turkish recipe but I've not seen it anywhere - made it many times though, and everyone loves it.

Green beans, kidney beans, sweetcorn, cucumber, beetroot, and baby new potatos, in a balsamic/oil dressing. So yummy!

MingeFog Mon 24-Apr-17 22:31:59

Ah, and red pepper! Forgot about that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now