Talk

Advanced search

Chicken still alittle bit frozen on bottom - can I stick stick in the oven?

(13 Posts)
yohoohoo Sun 16-Apr-17 11:16:11

Froze a fresh chicken a few weeks ago.

Took out yesterday late morning to defrost for today..put in fridge overnight. This morning the underneath is a little bit frozen. Can I pop it in yet?

ApplePie86 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:22:06

Absolutely not!! Unless you're the only one eating it and don't care about being very ill.

yohoohoo Sun 16-Apr-17 11:24:05

Ummm really going to have to leave it a few more hours then

QuiteLikely5 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:25:25

Turn it upside down so the frozen part is exposed

originalbiglymavis Sun 16-Apr-17 11:26:00

Can you sit it in the sink with some warm water under it's frozen bits? Happy memories of mum defrosting a dinosaur sized trukey.

MsHippo Sun 16-Apr-17 12:19:39

There is literally absolutely no problem cooking chicken that's a bit frozen! You just have to make sure it's properly cooked through before you eat it, i.e. no pink, juices run clear etc.

originalbiglymavis Sun 16-Apr-17 12:22:17

I have done (noone has got suck yet) but am a bit gung ho about these things, and am aware that I do that want to poison anyone on the internet.

neversleepagain Sun 16-Apr-17 14:54:26

It depends how much is frozen. I did this.last week, we're still alive.

GuinessPunch Sun 16-Apr-17 14:55:11

I have a few times. No issues here.

FreeButtonBee Sun 16-Apr-17 14:56:12

I would. Put it in a a lower temp (say 150) for 20 mins then check that it is all defrosted and soft everywhere then turn up temp to normal cooking temp

nackle Sun 16-Apr-17 15:31:31

MsHippo: There is literally absolutely no problem cooking chicken that's a bit frozen! You just have to make sure it's properly cooked through before you eat it, i.e. no pink, juices run clear etc

This ^

booellesmum Sun 16-Apr-17 15:37:31

I would put it in the oven on low for a bit then cook normally. Just check no pink bits when you take it out.

Floggingmolly Sun 16-Apr-17 15:40:52

I've never understood why you can't cook something from frozen? Unless you were dim enough to not adjust the cooking time, or something, and eat it before it's actually fully cooked?
Heat defrosts, and heat cooks. They don't have to be two seperate processes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now