Talk

Advanced search

slow cooker

(5 Posts)
MisguidedAngel Fri 14-Apr-17 16:55:49

I know there have been lots of threads on this subject, but this is a specific question. My ancient Swan 2.5L slow cooker has died and is no longer available, so I bought one from Tesco. The first time I used it I ruined my meal because even on the low setting it was actually boiling. I assumed it was faulty so took it back and, after a bit of an argument, got a replacement. Exactly the same! It's now gathering dust and I am reluctant to risk another make without first hand advice.

So - has anyone got a small (2.5 - 3L) slow cooker that definitely does cook slowly. I'm sure my old Swan didn't boil even on high.

dreamingofsun Sat 15-Apr-17 21:32:44

i feel your pain. my 30 year old swan died a couple of months ago. i have a russell hobbs one now my husband bought....it pains me to say this but its as good as my old one - it has low setting which is slow, and a higher setting which is quick. its fab

ilovechocolate07 Sun 16-Apr-17 10:44:09

I think mine is a Sainsbury's more basic one. It just has a high, low and warm setting. It's the only type I've ever had so I'm used to it and I only tend to cook things like stews and chilli. I cook on high for half hour or so and then low all day and it's fine but is bubbling quite a bit.

MisguidedAngel Mon 17-Apr-17 10:50:23

dreamingofsun (so am I!) Your Russell Hobbs sounds as if it could be what I'm looking for - especially as you're comparing it specifically with the Swan. Could you tell me exactly which model pleae? (By the way, there are a couple of the old type Swans on ebay but they won't deliver to France, where I am)

lovechocolate - thanks for your reply. It's the bubbling I don't like! I'm sure it's fine, but even when I cook stews etc on the hob I don't want them to do that.

dreamingofsun Mon 17-Apr-17 15:41:33

sorry misguided it doesn't say on instructions or the front of the thing. i think its 3.5 litres and its oval and stainless steel. i think he bought it off amazon. was about £20 or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now