Talk

Advanced search

Help with these ingredients

(9 Posts)
user1488460762 Thu 13-Apr-17 17:47:43

I can't shop until saturday, i have these things in, help me with some nice meals please! I can't do it as a list so bare with me: pack of leeks, bag of carrots, bag of parsnips, bag of potatoes, onions, 3 chicken breasts, various cans of different types of beans, tins of tomamatoes, garlic, an uncle bens chilli sauce, a jar of pataks curry paste, rice, pasta. Any ideas?

user1488460762 Thu 13-Apr-17 17:48:48

Oh and a cauliflower and some stock cubes

Justtrying Thu 13-Apr-17 18:01:10

How many do you have to feed?

I would make a bean chilli, using the chilli sauc, beans, tomatoes, onions and garlic, maybe some finely diced carrot and serve it on baked potatoes, unless you have rice in the cupboard.

A veg curry using califlower, parsnips, carrots onions and tinned tomatoes and potatoes using pataks sauce.

Then a chicken and leek casserole either topped with sliced potato or served with root veg mash.

If you have pasta or rice in cuboards and frozen veg you could mix it up a bit.

Hope this helps

Justtrying Thu 13-Apr-17 18:04:30

Op sorry just read your post fully, serve rice with the curry and perhaps, change the chicken and leek casserole into a pasta bake, do you have an cheese and milk to make a cheese sauce.

user1488460762 Thu 13-Apr-17 18:17:42

I do, do i just heat the milk and cheese together to make the sauce?

Justtrying Thu 13-Apr-17 18:42:06

You need a touch of flour or cornflour, if you google there are many cheese sauce re

Justtrying Thu 13-Apr-17 18:45:59

There are many cheese sauce recipes, I use 2 tables spoons of cornfloyr and softened butter heated with a pinch of mustard powder, salt and pepper cooked over a low heat to form a paste then add a pint of milk in splashes stirring all the time with a wooden sppon until it thickens then beat in grated cheese. But there are all in one methods available

A quick version for a pasta bake wouldbe a tub of creme fraiche mixed with grated cheese.

user1488460762 Thu 13-Apr-17 18:46:53

Fantastic, thank you for the help!

SweetChickadee Thu 13-Apr-17 18:47:39

cheese sauce - 50g butter, 50g flour, 500ml milk.

Chuck all in saucepan Whisk over medium heat till thickened, turn right down and leave to bubble for 5 mins

stir in large handful of graded cheese. salt and pepper to taste, scrape of nutmeg too if you have it

(pour over parboiled cauliflower and bake for 45 mins - cauliflower cheese!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now