Talk

Advanced search

Saucy chicken with possible hidden vegetables

(7 Posts)
IAmTheWorwax Tue 11-Apr-17 18:28:46

My youngest child is very fussy, but I've found he will eat chicken breast if they are cooked in a sauce.

At the mo he will have hunters chicken or a korma, does anyone have any other suggestions? Preferably something I could make myself and hide some veg in.

AtleastitsnotMonday Tue 11-Apr-17 18:32:07

Tomato, onion and garlic with some courgettes blitzed in.

Titsywoo Tue 11-Apr-17 18:32:37

I'd do a chicken parmigiana so chicken breast (can be breaded) with tomato sauce - make a marinara type sauce and add in carrots, celery, onion and courgette then melt cheese on top.

Blondie1984 Wed 12-Apr-17 00:14:46

Roasted vegetable sauce - you can either do a mix (courgettes, red onions, peppers, tomatoes etc) - roast red pepper on it's own though makes a lovely sauce - it's nice and sweet which kids like

user1484603141 Wed 12-Apr-17 00:16:43

What about a jambalaya, chicken & rice in a tomato sauce, again you can add veggies.

MusicToMyEars800 Wed 12-Apr-17 13:29:55

Titsywoo I was about to pot the exact same thing grin
I fry the veg to soften then blitz with a hand blender so they are completely hidden in the sauce, my kids are none the wiser smile

doghairinmytea Wed 12-Apr-17 13:33:22

Chicken cooked in a white sauce with veggies- I do leeks, peas, mushrooms- then baked in the oven with sliced potatoes and cheese on top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now