Talk

Advanced search

Truffle oil

(8 Posts)
beatbo Sun 09-Apr-17 13:59:35

Bought some for two recipes from last weeks menu plan - used two teaspoons and wondering how to make use of the rest- any recommendations?

One recipe was good and may make again - the other def won't so it will sit there a long time at this rate!

Bleurghghghgh Sun 09-Apr-17 14:13:36

Great on anything creamy or anything with mushrooms. Also scrambled eggs

Bleurghghghgh Sun 09-Apr-17 14:14:25

Also I have a bottle that's supposedly a year out of date (bought approx 3 years ago) and totally fine so it lasts pretty well

Crunchyside Sun 09-Apr-17 15:00:15

Bleurghghghgh We had a bottle that we'd had open for about a year and it lost nearly all it's truffle flavour. I really noticed the difference when we bought a new bottle and you only needed such a tiny amount!

I agree, anything creamy it goes well with - creamy sauces on pasta, chicken etc - just drizzle some over. Also goes nicely on tortelloni especially the ones with mushroom in. Good 5 minute weeknight meal actually: shop bought tortelloni with drizzle of truffle oil and parmesan shavings!

Truffle cheese toastie - brush the bread with truffle oil before making an ordinary cheese toastie. Makes it a posh toastie grin

ZaziesPaws Mon 10-Apr-17 09:15:49

Wee drizzle is lovely on corn on the cob.

Toadinthehole Sun 16-Apr-17 07:09:17

What brands are people using? I have bought three bottles in my life and the last two lasted like Castrol GTX.

Theworldisfullofidiots Sun 16-Apr-17 09:45:53

Mushroom risotto, add to soup....plain pasta with garlic and truffle oil.....and if all else fails send to me!

coxsorangepippin Sun 16-Apr-17 09:47:40

Great in salad with a bit of salt and lemon. Makes all that green stuff taste luxurious and animally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now