Talk

Advanced search

Side salads

(12 Posts)
AtleastitsnotMonday Sat 08-Apr-17 14:43:30

I need ideas for nice side salads to go with cold roast chicken and gamon for a buffet. Already doing new potatoes so not a potato salad. Also doing a green salad, coleslaw and tomato and red onion salad. Only restrictions being no nuts no cheese.

flouncybeetroot Sat 08-Apr-17 14:44:49

What about a tomatoey pasta salad? so basically cold pasta in a tomato sauce, Passata,onion, pepper, garlic, oregano, basil etc...

BrieAndChilli Sat 08-Apr-17 14:47:52

Couscous salad
Olives, feta and sun dried tomatoes

RhubarbAndMustard Sat 08-Apr-17 14:59:02

Chargrilled courgettes with mint, chilli, lemon and basil. It's on the BBC website.

Blondie1984 Sun 09-Apr-17 00:29:25

I think i would do a roast veg couscous salad - with peppers, courgettes, aubergine, butternut squash stirred through.

I would also do a pineapple salsa to go with the gammon

TyneTeas Sun 09-Apr-17 00:33:44

Salsa salad is very tasty

Tomatoes, cucumber, coriander, chillies mmmmm smile

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/salsa-salad.html

IvorHughJarrs Sun 09-Apr-17 00:38:54

If you have green salad and other bits a nice little side dish is melon balls (pale, orange and watermelon) tossed in french dressing or vinaigrette with a little very thinly sliced basil

AdaColeman Sun 09-Apr-17 00:45:29

Endive, watercress, avocado and black grapes.

Ratatouille.

Chickpeas, beetroot, red onion with French dressing.

Beetroot with yoghurt dressing.

Mixed beans with fresh herbs.

Thinly sliced raw Paris mushrooms with garlic and yoghurt.

I'd also do a honey and mustard dressing to go with the ham and a large bowl of home made mayonnaise to go with the chicken.

buckeejit Sun 09-Apr-17 00:48:29

Tin chickpeas
Tin sweet corn
Chopped large red onion
Chopped large bunch coriander
Mix dessert spoon of chilli oil with juice & zest of 2 limes & toss together & season.

ZaziesPaws Mon 10-Apr-17 15:05:57

Boil some brown rice, just before it's down, add some peas. Drain, then stir through some crime fraiche and flaky sea salt.

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 10-Apr-17 17:32:13

Lots of lovely suggestions thank you, I'm going with a cous cous, roasted veg and pomegranate and Rhubarbs courgette suggestion.

MoreThanUs Mon 10-Apr-17 17:35:53

Beetroot would be gorgeous. Roast beetroot, cover in lemon juice and olive oil. Mix with sour cream, yoghurt, walnuts and chives. HFW recipe from his River Cottage Veg book. Is delicious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now