We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Easy meals for caravan weekend

(7 Posts)
GenericDietCola Sun 02-Apr-17 18:51:20

My Dsis and I are going away for a weekend in a caravan with our primary aged DC and we are trying to come up with ideas for meals. We will have limited space, but do have a fridge, hob and oven. Any suggestions for easy, quick meals that we could prepare? No special dietary requirements and kids are fairly unfussy.

Blondie1984 Mon 03-Apr-17 00:35:23

Sausages, burgers or hot dogs in bread rolls
Tuna & sweetcorn pasta
Buy a cold rotisserie chicken and have it with salad, baguette etc
Tacos/fajitas
Pizza and salad
Stir fry - with chicken, beef, prawns, tofu

lastqueenofscotland Mon 03-Apr-17 07:03:07

Fajitas
Stir fry
Egg and chips

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 07-Apr-17 09:33:49

I sometimes cook a ham and take that. You could do Ham, Chips and egg, ham sarnies and it goes well in a pasta dish too, maybe carbonara.

BlueChampagne Fri 07-Apr-17 12:15:33

Pre-cook cottage/shepherd's pie filling to take with you. Add mashed potatoes and bung in oven. Veg on hob. Doubles up as spag bol if that's easier.

-Go to the pub?-

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 07-Apr-17 19:15:56

I also usually cook a chilli and freeze it to have on the first night with rice. Keeps the cool box nice and cold too.

JustCallMeKate Fri 07-Apr-17 19:20:33

Savoury Pie (that's what my MIL used to call it). Mashed potato, a tin of corned beef, a chopped cooled onion and a squirt of tomato sauce for the filling mashed together. She used to make shortcrust pastry but I've used the ready made stuff, roll out and make into a pie, bake until golden brown and it can be eaten hot or cold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now