Talk

Advanced search

Individual toad in the holes?

(7 Posts)
puddingpen Fri 31-Mar-17 12:05:44

I have a friend coming round for lunch tomorrow and I am doing toad in the hole. I thought about doing individual ones to be a bit 'fancier' but I'm not sure I have the right dishes! I have some large ramekins (about 10cm across) which I could use with the sausages sticking out, but I'm worried they won't be big enough. Or I have some of the traditional French lions head pie dishes, but I feel like that might be trickier to eat out of/ too thick for the batter to cook properly... Should I just make my usual big one for us to serve ourselves from?

We will have it with green beans and onion gravy. No other carb, hence worrying about it not being enough...

Any advice greatfully received!

FluttershyStare Fri 31-Mar-17 12:24:27

I do this with a normal 12-bun tin and cocktail sausages

Put one in each hole (fnarr fnarr) and cook for a bit while you make your Yorkshire pud batter.

I do it in a jug so I can then whip out the tin and pour the batter in quickly

who would complain atmore crispy Yorkshire goodness? grin

llangennith Fri 31-Mar-17 12:29:49

Yum I'll have to try that Flutter

puddingpen Fri 31-Mar-17 12:37:51

I thought about doing them in my bun tin, but I have big sausages (and don't want to buy cocktail sausages). I could cut up the sausages though. How many would you serve per person? If I cut the sausages up I could do half a sausage in each but I think 6 each could be overkill...

FinallyHere Fri 31-Mar-17 12:40:21

Rather than 'cut up' the sausages, could you twist them into smaller ones before snipping them into i individual sausages? The size of a sausage is determined by how long a length is left between 'twists' so easily changed. Hope it works well for you.

puddingpen Fri 31-Mar-17 12:49:00

Omg FinallyHere that is absolutely genius!! I can't believe I got this far through my sausage-loving life and never thought of doing that!

FinallyHere Fri 31-Mar-17 13:31:16

Realises what a large role sausages have played in my life. [blushes].

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now