Talk

Advanced search

Non dairy recommendations

(9 Posts)
MrsPear Tue 28-Mar-17 17:50:10

I am facing facts and accepting that my migraines are back and it's dairy reaction. Spread and yogurts are fine but I need a milk and cheese suggestions. I find that the non dairy milk is really sweet in tea. Cheese wise I like a melting one. Any suggestions please?

AtleastitsnotMonday Tue 28-Mar-17 17:54:15

Is it dairy or lactose because if it's the lactose the lactofree milk tastes no different to regular milk.

DrDiva Tue 28-Mar-17 17:55:48

Wilmsburger for cheese I find the best one.

Haven't yet found a milk substitute that tastes like milk! Especially in tea.

MrsPear Tue 28-Mar-17 18:43:29

I am too sure tbh I have had migraines since a child but they seemed to diminish around my pregnancy with ds1 but now are back esp when I eat cheese.

lottachocca Tue 28-Mar-17 21:20:56

Oatly "Barista version" milk. Try sheeps or goats cheese

skerrywind Tue 28-Mar-17 21:30:53

We rarely eat dairy as a family.

Do you need to use substitutes at all?

Blondie1984 Wed 29-Mar-17 00:11:40

Some people find that they struggle with cow dairy but are ok with dairy from goat's and sheep - it might be worth seeing if that's true for you (in which case you could get goat milk, yoghurt and cheese) or if it's all dairy

hellokittymania Wed 29-Mar-17 00:26:03

What milk replacements work in TEa? I know people like soy milk in coffee or almond milk with porridge, but what do people use with a nice cup of tea?

ThreeDovesAndSomePinkChampagne Wed 29-Mar-17 01:36:03

Koko milk. Violife cheeses are ok if you cut it into a wedge and cook it halloumi style. Amy's Mac n Cheeze is also good if you cook it a bit longer (make sure you get vegan one with a Z not the veggie Mac N Cheese).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now