Talk

Advanced search

Urgent - Help! Slow cooker too slow - what can I do?

(6 Posts)
PoitouSharon Sat 25-Mar-17 18:05:10

I have guests arriving in an hour to eat. My Mongolian beef has been in the slow cooker for over an hour on high and with just an hour to go, there is no way it will be ready. Shall I shove it in the oven? If so, at what temperature? Will it go all tough? Aaahhhhhhh!

Grateful for any advice. Thanks.

CotswoldStrife Sat 25-Mar-17 18:06:26

Two hours isn't long enough for a slow cooker at all, even on the high setting it would struggle. What did the recipe say?

WillowySnicket Sat 25-Mar-17 18:08:08

Oven at 200. It'll be fine. No way on the slow cooker! Those suckers need at least 4 hours.

dalmatianmad Sat 25-Mar-17 18:08:12

Surely it needs about 8 hours in slow cooker, you'll have ever to chuck it in the oven or order a takeaway!

PoitouSharon Sat 25-Mar-17 18:09:59

It said 2-3 hours in the slow cooker. First time I've tried anything in it less than 6 hours. Big mistake!

CotswoldStrife Sat 25-Mar-17 18:12:26

If you keep opening the lid to check on it, then it probably won't get hot enough - search the web for a good temperature and bung it in the oven or as a PP said, order a takeaway! If it's in a fair bit of sauce hopefully it won't dry out, or put it in a lidded dish/cover with foil.

Hope it works out OK!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now