Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Frittata under grill

(6 Posts)
Ifonlyiweretaller Sat 25-Mar-17 11:28:30

Recipes always say to put under grill for last few minutes after cooking in a frying pan, to finish it off. But my cooker won't allow me to grill with the door open and my pans don't have handles that can go in the oven!

Does anyone have an bright ideas how I can solve the issue please?
Thanks

fourpawswhite Sat 25-Mar-17 11:34:18

I think this may be why I always do mine in the ovengrinI do the entire thing in the oven, like a quiche without the pastry.

fourpawswhite Sat 25-Mar-17 11:34:55

Oops, posted to soon, so I do it in like a lasagne dish

Ifonlyiweretaller Sat 25-Mar-17 11:39:05

Thanks fourpaws . So do you soften the onions & peppers in a frying pan first then transfer to a lasagne dish? Or how do you do it?

fourpawswhite Sat 25-Mar-17 11:42:33

Yes, mine is a bit of a use up leftovers dish. So I soften onion, peppers, maybe some left over tatties, bacon, sausage, etc. Then throw in handful of peas, sweet corn, Raw mushroom, broccoli, whatever else is lurking.

Whisk six eggs. Add mixed herbs, glug of milk, pour that over. Then top with cheese and bake for about half an hour. You can tell it's done just by cutting down middle and so long as egg cooked your good to go.

Disclaimer, I am not a chef, I don't know if this is the proper way, but it is very tasty.

Ifonlyiweretaller Sat 25-Mar-17 12:47:37

That sounds perfect. I'm going to try your method this afternoon - and I have noted your disclaimer so you wont be sued grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now