Can I make a roast dinner with pork tenderloin/ fillet?

(8 Posts)
welshgirlwannabe Sat 18-Mar-17 21:45:12

I bought pork fillet for a change but font know how to cook it. The recipes I've seen online are for stirfry type dishes. I was hoping to make a roast tomorrow - will it work? Or can I make something with it that will suit roast potatoes, gravy and veg?

ReggaeShark Sat 18-Mar-17 21:48:52

You can't roast it. It needs v quick cooking or it will dry out.

FannyFanakapan Sat 18-Mar-17 21:51:42

wrap in streaky bacon and cook on high for 30 minutes. Can also stuff with whatever takes your fancy. Boursin is nice.

wowfudge Sat 18-Mar-17 21:54:15

You can roast it - there's a Delia recipe for fast roast pork loin. Cut the loin into two and put in a roasting tray on a bed of chopped onion and apple. Put some butter and seasoning on it and cook at a high temp for 20-25 mins. Rest for 5 mins and serve. There is more detail in Delia's recipe, but it works and is good.

welshgirlwannabe Sat 18-Mar-17 21:57:18

Thanks. I might concoct some mushroomy spinachy filling then and try to quickly roast it...
Or pan fry it with some sort of mushroomy spinachy sauce? Hmmm...

KanyesVest Sat 18-Mar-17 22:00:19

I recently flattened it, put slices of apple and sage down the middle then wrapped it all in parma ham. Delish. Lots of recipes on BBC good food and some on Jamie and Delia's sites too.

Obviouspretzel Sun 19-Mar-17 09:22:10

Of course you can roast it, it just takes hardly any time. Brown well all over then roast for maybe 10 minutes.

MilkRunningOutAgain Sun 19-Mar-17 23:28:29

My gran used to put 2 in a circle and fill the middle with sage and onion stuffing and roast , with lots of dripping. Serve with gravy, potatoes & veggies. Was my favourite meal when I was little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now