Talk

Advanced search

Dairy free

(9 Posts)
Ploppymoodypants Sat 18-Mar-17 12:45:26

Hi all

Further to previous threads and experimenting with my diet I have realised that the culprit is dairy.

Can anyone make some easy suggestions for snacks I can take in a packed lunch when out with the children for the day. I am shocked that even some crisps have milk in the ingredients. Sandwiches and fruit and veg sticks etc are obvious, but I need easy snacks that literally go from cupboard to bag to eat. No prep involved. Things like cereal bars or something.

Thank you in advance.

witwootoodleoo Sat 18-Mar-17 12:54:55

Nakd bars and Bear fruit yoyos are good

wellIdeclare Sat 18-Mar-17 13:46:36

Popcorn, nature valley crunchy bars

ilovetocook Sat 18-Mar-17 15:09:24

Aldi do some good raw bars and pea snacks as well as little bags of pop corn that are dairy free as well as some crisps there, the hoops and bear faces are my sons favourites as we are dairy, egg and gluten free. Alpro soya pots are also good and have 4 flavours.

Ploppymoodypants Sat 18-Mar-17 15:23:14

Thank you everyone, really helpful. Especially the Alpro Soya pots.

PaperdollCartoon Sat 18-Mar-17 15:24:47

I really like Eat Natural bars, a few are dairy free.

Blondie1984 Sat 18-Mar-17 17:11:37

You can buy little pots or sachets of mixed nuts/seeds in most of the supermarkets which are good for lunch boxes or just to keep in your handbag

If you are going to remove dairy then please do make sure you are getting enough calcium from other sources - many milk substitutes are not great for that...

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 26-Mar-17 20:37:08

Hummus is my fave.

PhaedrusRising Mon 27-Mar-17 00:15:20

Salted pop chips. Oatcakes. Pretty much all genius stuff is dairy free as well as gluten free. Hobnobs (also come in gf). Koko flavoured milk mini-cartons. Rice cakes. Tesco do nice dairy-free, gluten free cornetto and magnum copies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now