Talk

Advanced search

Hello Fresh

(7 Posts)
clarabellb Wed 15-Mar-17 08:36:23

Anybody used/using Hello Fresh?

Is it any good?

DrizzleHair Thu 16-Mar-17 07:32:25

My phone just lost the long detailed reply I typed out!

I used it and summary: overpriced for mediocre recipes. Far too much wastage due to providing every last ingredient - it felt condescending to be given one single teaspoon of peppercorns / cumin in its own little plastic pot.

Portions are generous though.

I may use it again when I have people staying for a few days and I can't be arsed to meal plan for lots of dinners.
However it markets itself as a service for cooks. It is not. It is a service for people who can't / don't normally cook and have lots of spare money. If you fall in that category it'll suit you well. If you don't meet either of those criteria avoid!

MsJuniper Thu 16-Mar-17 07:34:32

Also I found the sales tactics very full-on and the T&C tricksy.

ShouldHaveListenedInBiology Thu 16-Mar-17 07:41:03

I had a few boxes once a fortnight after a free trial, it came in handy as we are in the midst of renovations and I've been unwell so it was convenient for a bit. But it is expensive and there is a lot of chopping involved! I have the recipes now so can replicate them and it has introduced a few new dishes to my repertoire so from that perspective I'd say it's worth a try, but we couldn't afford to do it on a long term basis.

tsonlyme Thu 16-Mar-17 07:45:05

My boyfriend uses it and he's cooked me some very nice meals despite asserting that he can't cook, more interesting things than I usually bother to rustle up. Then again it does seem quite pricy but I'm not the one paying for it or wrangling with the T&Cs 😁

Seems to have a lot of packaging waste with the tiny portions needed for each recipe.

Itmustbemyage Thu 16-Mar-17 08:32:22

Have used it in the past. Had got into a bit of a rut with cooking the same meals over and over ( vegetarian) got it on a deal ( they seem to pop up regularly). Loved the recipes, agree they are very generous servings, and now cook them myself. I found it easy to cancel and beyond them sending more offers, not found them a nuisance in any way. Too expensive for me to use them all the time though, but if I could afford it, and they reduced the huge packaging I would use them more.

clarabellb Thu 16-Mar-17 08:51:14

Okay thanks everyone smile

Was intrigued but don't think I'll bother as doesn't sound like it's for me after all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now