Talk

Advanced search

Lamb shoulder pieces, inspiration please

(9 Posts)
DoubleR Tue 14-Mar-17 14:56:08

Lurking in my freezer is a pack of lamb shoulder cut into pieces. My DC are "bored" of lamb tagine and lamb casserole. I'm more of a baker so I'm not very inspired when it comes to main courses. Any ideas for child friendly dishes that the whole family will enjoy please? Indian style curries are out as only DH likes them. Thanks in advance smile

DoubleR Mon 20-Mar-17 17:20:07

It's looking like lamb tagine again then.

Bensyster Tue 21-Mar-17 07:42:30

This Nigella recipe is fabulous!

SaudadeObama Tue 21-Mar-17 07:45:45

My kids love lamb and veggies (onions, peppers, tomatoes etc) roasted with balsamic dressing and rice.

Megatherium Tue 21-Mar-17 07:54:16

Slow cook roast?

bibbitybobbityyhat Tue 21-Mar-17 07:56:52

Souvlaki or kebabs. Defrost and marinate for as long as you can though.

Frouby Tue 21-Mar-17 07:57:05

I am doing lamb hot pot this week. It's really easy. I would perhaps cook the shoulder for a few hours though as it can be a bit tough. Then top a carrot, lamb, gravy stew with sliced potatoes and bake for an hour until the spuds are golden.

DoubleR Tue 21-Mar-17 15:01:25

Ooo, thanks for the suggestions, some good ideas there, SaudadeObama do you put the balsamic dressing on the lamb before roasting? Would it work with pieces?

FreeButtonBee Tue 21-Mar-17 15:08:08

This is AMAZING!! I use two tins of cherry tomatoes as the sauce bit, rather than fresh tomatoes. But it is fabulous. VG with couscous or freekah or that sort of thing.

chocolateandzucchini.com/recipes/meat-charcuterie/slow-roasted-shoulder-of-lamb-rubbed-with-rosemary-anchovy-and-lemon-zest-recipe/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now