Talk

Advanced search

Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom, Leek?

(11 Posts)
therealmrsjolly Tue 14-Mar-17 09:55:25

Has anyone got any lovely recipes please? I have chicken thighs, bacon, chestnut mushrooms and leeks in the fridge.

petitdonkey Tue 14-Mar-17 09:55:54

I call pie!!!

treaclesoda Tue 14-Mar-17 09:57:07

Either pie or cook it all up with a little bit of cream cheese or cream and serve with pasta.

petitdonkey Tue 14-Mar-17 09:57:43

My computer is playing up but look on BBC good food website and search 'turkey ham and leek pie' Think it's Angela Hartnett - it's lovely.

canihaveacoffeeplease Tue 14-Mar-17 10:58:06

Ooh definitely pie!

Or how about risotto? All in a creamy sauce for pasta/baked potatoes?

msrisotto Tue 14-Mar-17 10:59:19

Pie, risotto or pasta. What an excellent selection of ingredients you have there.

iklboo Tue 14-Mar-17 11:02:48

Cook them in a creamy sauce. Make very thin omelettes so they resemble tortilla wraps. Spoon the mix into the 'wraps' & roll them up. Top with any remaining sauce, maybe some grated cheese & bake for around 10-15 minutes. Really tasty & filling.

MusicToMyEars800 Tue 14-Mar-17 11:06:20

I would probably cook it in a white wine and cream sauce and serve with rice or pasta and grated parmesan. Or alternatively a risotto or a pie, you have definitely got a good batch of ingredients there.

PotteringAlong Tue 14-Mar-17 11:08:31

Chicken crumble. Make the crumble topping with flour, butter and pecan nuts. Filling like you would for a pie. Gorgeous!

therealmrsjolly Tue 14-Mar-17 12:11:22

Thanks all, loads of lovely ideas. DH is cooking tonight so I need to find a recipe he can follow easily wink He is actually a really good cook but not in a "chuck it all in" inventive way. Will Google recipes later.

PolterGoose Tue 14-Mar-17 15:16:37

I made something a bit like this recipe last week but with chicken stock and double cream instead of milk. It was tasty enough but bacon would have improved it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now