Talk

Advanced search

KitchenAid

(9 Posts)
theclick Sun 12-Mar-17 12:23:28

My DH got me a KitchenAid for my bday which I've always wanted but now, knowing how much he paid for it, I'm wondering if I'll get a lot of use out of it? What do you think? Will I? Has anyone got one? What have you used yours for? I have a Kenwood hand mixer which I love - do I need both?!

stilllovingmysleep Tue 14-Mar-17 09:38:29

I love my kitchen aid and use it loads. You can knead bread really well and quickly on it--the bread you end up with by this method is equally good to hand kneaded and far superior to bread machine I think.

I also use it mostly
To make cakes
To whip cream
To make meringue

But bread making is the most common use

beadyboo Tue 14-Mar-17 13:57:21

I love mine. As it is so nice to look at, it's always out on the side which means it gets used regularly.
Yesterday I made melting moments biscuits, and banana muffins and Yorkshire pudds at the weekend. It's good at meringues and whipping cream.
Mostly I just love looking at it!!!

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 14-Mar-17 15:47:52

I won't lie, I never use mine but I've had health issues and I'm a rubbish baker, but I get such pleasure out of owning it and just seeing it there, it's referred to as the very expensive kitchen ornament, and it was worth every penny grin

Babyiwantabump Tue 14-Mar-17 15:48:42

It makes amazing mash potato!

SnowBallsAreHere Tue 14-Mar-17 15:53:02

We have the food processor attachment and that gets used very frequently. The mincer less so, but very handy when we want to make our own mince.
And the kitchenaid on its own is used every other day for making bread.
it's DH's as he's the chef here. I'd just make pancakes and meringues grin

OnlyTheDepthVaries Fri 17-Mar-17 09:06:06

Baby
How do you make mashed potato in it? Which attachment? This could change my life!!!

FunSpunge Fri 17-Mar-17 16:43:53

As pp said - mash!!!
I chuck in boiled potatoes with a bit of butter, milk, s&p and use the white paddle beater grin

Tatiebee Fri 17-Mar-17 21:42:06

Another vote for mash here, it comes out so smooth. I also like it for yorkshire pudding batter, mixing meatloaf and kneading bread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now