Talk

Advanced search

Meal planning: anyone else do set days eg pasta day , curry day , rice day

(5 Posts)
spiderbabymum Mon 06-Mar-17 18:45:04

What do u think of this kind of a plan

mortgagefreeinthree.com/2015/02/mastering-the-menu-planner/

Need to se super organised for the next month as will be very busy at work

Does anyone else do this kind if simple set plan and manage to stick to it ?

wobblywonderwoman Mon 06-Mar-17 18:48:05

Something a bit similar - but I usually do a roast on Sundays and leftovers Monday. Tues a mince dinner (cottage pie, bolognese, chilli), usally fish veg potatoes on a wednes. Curry Thursday and steak or pasta pesto on a Friday / satnight

wobblywonderwoman Mon 06-Mar-17 18:50:01

Sorry, meant to add I always batch cook another meal for the freezer on Sunday along with the roast (I.e curry, cottage pie, stew - so I have a lot portions in the freezer in tin foil trays )

BrieAndChilli Mon 06-Mar-17 18:53:16

I do
Sunday - roast or some sort of complicated prep/long cooking time meal
Monday - leftovers using the roast meat
Tuesday- either something in slow cooker or something that is very quick to cook as we get home at 6pm do need to eat pretty much straight away
Wednesday - something like jackets or soup that people can reheat and eat when they can as lots of different clubs and no one is in the same place all together until 8.30pm!
Thursday - something simple to cook, spag Bol or something
Friday - fakeaway treat night - fried chicken/curry /nachos/burgers etc
Saturday - anything we fancy

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 06-Mar-17 22:32:16

In a round about way. It's not strict as in Mondays is always pasta, tues mince but I'll write a list that incorporates a roast, a pasta dish, a bread based dish (pizza, quasedillas etc) a fish dish, a veggie dish and a meat dish. Obviously sometimes categories overlap, if I'm stuck for ideas I may throw in some other categories e.g. An Indian dish, oriental, proper comfort food etc. I also usually only plan 6 nights of seven to allow for changes in schedules, eating out, not fancying something and having something quick like eggs or something, or making more than you expect and eating it a couple of nights. There is always bits around if I need to invent a seventh meal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now