Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Beef cube recipes

(7 Posts)
BrassicaBabe Mon 06-Mar-17 14:14:16

Hi

I've got a heap of beef cubes in the freezer. My beef stew is uninspiring at the best of times. Any and all recipes you have for beef cubes would be gratefully received! smile

4merlyknownasSHD Mon 06-Mar-17 15:08:52

I usually just wing it with stews. Fry off some chopped onion, chopped celery carrots and or parsnips, chopped peppers and possibly a clove of garlic. Coat the beef cubes in seasoned flour and seal them in a frying pan until all edges are golden brown. Then place in a casserole dish on the bed of veg. Pour over a can of chopped tomatoes, a couple of tea spoonfuls of mixed herbs and cover with beef stock (from a stock cube is fine. Put the lid on and put in a medium oven for a couple of hours. DO NOT EAT THAT DAY.
Allow to cool and let the flavours mix and develop overnight, then reheat for 45 - 50 minutes the next day before eating. You may wish to thicken the juices before serving, but probably won't need to. The meat should now be really tender and full of flavour.

pinkblink Mon 06-Mar-17 15:17:21

Make a chili, Sprinkle it with a bit of paprika, chili & cumin then seal, bung in the slow cooker with onions, peppers, beef stock, chopped tomatoes, extra of the spices, tomato purée, kidney beans smile

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Mon 06-Mar-17 15:20:50

Thai red beef curry - red curry paste, meat and coconut milk. Easy peasy.

northender Mon 06-Mar-17 17:00:11

I do a Madhur Jaffrey curry which can be done with beef or lamb & is delish! You brown the meat, fry some finely chopped onions & add spices. Then make a paste in a blender with garlic, ginger, water & blanched almonds (or you can use ground almonds). Add the paste to the onion & spice mix, return the meat to the pan, add cream & simmer on low heat for a couple of hours.

Janet80 Mon 06-Mar-17 17:04:44

A second for chilli. I love beef chilli, could slow cook it?

Coralfish Tue 07-Mar-17 10:15:42

Beef and ale pie! Do what 4merlyknownas says, except replace half the stock with ale and then when you come to reheating, bung it in a dish with a pastry lid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now