Talk

Advanced search

Veggie savoury pancake fillings

(11 Posts)
CaptainWarbeck Sun 05-Mar-17 04:03:18

I know I'm a bit late to the party with pancakes but we've just discovered cheese and spinach crepes, all folded over and crispy on the outside and cheesy and yummy. They're SO GOOD. I want to put them on our regular meal list as DS likes them but what else can I put in as a filling so we're not always having the same thing?

Only other options I've come up with are ratatouille and some kind of tomatoey chickpea thing but I've never made either and need recipes.

Ideally looking for something I can batch cook, freeze in portions and then just defrost and whack in a pancake for easy dinner nights smile

foodiemama26 Sun 05-Mar-17 07:18:48

creamy garlic mushrooms?
roast veggies mixed with pesto?
cheese and red onion?

CaptainWarbeck Sun 05-Mar-17 11:29:34

Creamy garlic mushrooms sounds nice, I'll add them to the list.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sun 05-Mar-17 11:42:03

How do you do your cheese and spinach ones? And do you make your own crepes?

There's a cafe in Greenwich that does lovely mushroom ones - fry onions and mushrooms, add some chopped flat leaf parsley, shove into pancakes and roll then a big blob of soured cream on top - really simple but so good!

Maybe try roasting some butternut squash and red onion, then mixing with grated cheese and wrapping in the pancakes? You could thin it with a bit of sour/single cream and add torn spinach too if wished.

CaptainWarbeck Sun 05-Mar-17 13:10:16

Sour cream a good idea Remus, I have some in the fridge too smile

Yep quick batch of Delia crepes, then cheese melted on top, some wilted buttered seasoned spinach in too, then crepe folded into quarters in the pan so you get layers of filling with each fold and a crispy top and bottom.

Or one time I used up leftover spanakopita filling with cheese, that was pretty good too.

Blondie1984 Sun 05-Mar-17 17:20:27

I like
Philadelphia cream cheese with veggie bacon and mushrooms
Mixed beans in a spicy tomato sauce

pimmsy Sun 05-Mar-17 18:44:32

Leeks with goats cheese?

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sun 05-Mar-17 18:47:32

Leeks in cheese sauce might work too - used to love them with a baked potato as a kid!

pimmsy Sun 05-Mar-17 19:40:01

Ohh and fried cabbage ?

Titsywoo Sun 05-Mar-17 19:43:18

Feta with spinach and a bit of tomato paste

Elledouble Sun 05-Mar-17 19:50:29

Definitely spinach and ricotta and creamy mushrooms.

On pancake day we had pancakes with lentil dal, wrapped up and baked in the oven, then with yoghurt spooned over to serve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now