Talk

Advanced search

New recipes that you've tried and loved!

(6 Posts)
Nicpem1982 Sun 26-Feb-17 19:02:14

Hi

I love to cook but at the minute I feel like we're stuck in a rut I've tried a new recipe tonight that was lovely, not expensive and my dd (2) also loved it so thought I'd share and ask you all to do the same as although i love to try new recipes the idea that I could spend time and money on something no one wants to eat fills me with dread

Tonight we've had steak fajita stuffed sweet potatoe with guacamole, salsa and salad

Recipe was:

1 tsp of
Smoked paprika
Garlic granules

1/2 tsp
Cajun seasoning
Cumin

Pinch of chilli
Juice lime

200 g thinly cut steak
1.5 red onions
2 red peppers
160g mushrooms

Mix spices and lime juice to form paste

cut veggies and put in one bowl with half marinate

Put steak in the other with the rest of marinate

Lightly oil sweet potatoes and season the wrap in foil and roast on 200 degrees for 50 mins

When potatoes have 20 mins to cook stir fry veggies until soft then add steak until cooked through

Unfoil potatoes and cut open then pile up steak fajita mix add cheese/salad/salsa and guacamole as desired 😊

AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 26-Feb-17 21:54:51

We've just had these sweet potato gnocchi with chestnuts and wild garlic pesto and they were delicious!

Tram10 Mon 27-Feb-17 04:50:10

That sounds yummy.

I tried this Recipe recently, kids went crazy for it, have made it twice since and it is still a huge hit..

weeklysauce.com/food/chrissy-teigens-mouth-watering-lettuce-wrap-recipe/

Orangedaisy Mon 27-Feb-17 05:10:35

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/golden-squash-sausage-risotto This was yummy. We halved the sausage as we're on a bit of an economy drove but it was still great.

Nicpem1982 Mon 27-Feb-17 07:23:38

These all look fab we've got this tonight will keep you posted

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/five-spice_braised_beef_86835

Nicpem1982 Mon 27-Feb-17 21:09:35

^^fail

Tasted eugh and powdery as corn flour didn't cook out and also a very strange grey colour

Dh went for a takeaway as was inedible 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now