Talk

Advanced search

40th birthday lunch for DH

(3 Posts)
Jellybluebean Mon 20-Feb-17 13:33:48

I've invited 25 adults and 10 kids around for a suprise birthday lunch for DH's 40th.

I can't decide what to serve. I'll have a 3 year old and a 2month old so want it to be faff free but also want it to be a bit special.

I was originally thinking of a cold buffet from Waitrose/m&s but is this a bit boring? He loves curry so wondered whether to ask our local restaurant to cater and deliver? Or have more of a relaxed/themed pizza and burger type thing?

Any thought or ideas?

MsHippo Tue 21-Feb-17 09:10:52

I think the curry idea sounds great! Ask for big vats: something mild, something spicy, something veggie, rice. A big pile of naan and maybe some bahjis or samosas and you'll be sorted! It will be super easy for you, the restaurant will probably be delighted as generally curry houses are not especially busy at lunch time, and your DH will have his favourite!

KitKat1985 Tue 21-Feb-17 12:58:54

Personally I think the curry idea sounds great as long everyone coming eats Indian food (we have a couple of super-fussy gits in our family who won't even eat mild curries as they hate spices). FIL I'm looking at you

Failing that, as it's his 40th (so I'm working out that he's born in 1977) could you do a 70's themed buffet?

www.robinsweb.com/70s/70s_party_foods.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now