Talk

Advanced search

Good microwaveable lunch options

(5 Posts)
CartwheelGirl Sun 19-Feb-17 23:16:35

Never had a microwave at home so no experience of using one. Got a microwave at work, and I'm thinking I should bring some food/leftovers to save on lunch expense. How do people do that? Do you just microwave it in a bowl? What kinds of homemade pre-made food are good options? Pureed soups, I guess. What else? Thank you, lovely people. I know this should be much simpler that I'm making it!

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 20-Feb-17 12:42:36

Jacket potatoes or sweet potatoes. You can cook them in the microwave but I prefer to cook in the oven at home and just reheat in the microwave.
If you also have a toaster you can also do scrambled eggs or beans on toast.

MackerelOfFact Mon 20-Feb-17 12:51:52

I take leftovers or soup in one of these Sistema soup mugs - they're great for storing, transporting and microwaving food, as well as for eating out of. I've just had leftover pasta and meatballs from last night.

CartwheelGirl Mon 20-Feb-17 19:02:16

I like the soup mug! Thanks.

MackerelOfFact Tue 21-Feb-17 07:35:24

They are good - I started a bit of a trend in my office and now the communal fridge is full of them! grin

Pretty much any leftovers can be boxed up and microwaved the next day. I'm taking chow mein today. Just make an extra half portion of whatever you're eating in the evening. Just bear in mind that crispy food might go a bit soggy after microwaving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now