Talk

Advanced search

Party food help

(6 Posts)
Hatemylifenow Sun 19-Feb-17 10:12:42

Need first birthday party food ideas for my LO's party. About 30 people, in a hall. Venue has fridge and small microwave but no oven. Needs to be more than just party rings and crudités as we have people coming from quite far away who will need proper feeding. It's a family party so mostly adults. So mainly need cold things as limited facilities for heating stuff up.

Ideas???

AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 19-Feb-17 14:48:12

I'd do sliced French sticks with a good cheese board, carved cold meat (gammon maybe) a couple of quiches, coronation chicken, a pasta salad and a roasted veg and cous cous salad, green salad, crudités, pickles. Maybe some sausage rolls or cheese straws.
Birthday cake, a cheese cake, a plate of brownies and a fruit salad.

AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 19-Feb-17 14:48:59

If you've got veggies I'd probably add another veggie option too.

Hatemylifenow Sun 19-Feb-17 16:07:04

Thank you that's really helpful. There will be one veggie in attendance!!

Blondie1984 Sun 19-Feb-17 16:50:04

I would agree with PP - you could get a meat free quiche and then do a mozzarella and tomato salad or a chickpea and couscous one then your veggie will be covered

AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 19-Feb-17 16:57:22

Maybe make a mushroom or bean pate to have with the bread and make sure at least one of the quiches is veggie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now