Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Broccoli and stilton soup

(14 Posts)
Hatemylifenow Fri 17-Feb-17 20:05:06

I really fancy the idea of a broccoli and cheese soup but I really can't bear blue cheese. According to DH broccoli and stilton soup doesn't actually taste of stilton but just tastes cheesy - is he right?

If he is wrong and it DOES taste of horrible stilton, what could I substitute? I'm a fan of all other cheese.

umizoomi Fri 17-Feb-17 20:11:06

Broccoli soup (and courgette soup for that matter both go well with gcream cheese with Garlic and herbs. Like Philadelphia (or Boursin is better)

Your DH is kind of right IMO that it doesn't taste of blue cheese but I think a good broccoli and Stilton has that strong smell.

What about plain white Stilton?

Hatemylifenow Fri 17-Feb-17 20:13:06

Never heard of white stilton. Can't find it on ocado. I've had blue cheese dipping sauce before in restaurants and that didn't taste at all of blue cheese so maybe I should gamble.

Boursin is a good shout though.

lastqueenofscotland Sat 18-Feb-17 17:45:50

Broccoli and cheddar soup is nice?

empirerecordsrocked Sat 18-Feb-17 19:04:23

Broccoli and cheddar soup is yum and much less harsh than the blue cheese version

Fluffy24 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:06:19

I hate Stilton 'raw' as it were and the smell makes me heave, however in soup with Broccoli it is yummy!

GetAHaircutCarl Sat 18-Feb-17 19:11:23

I hate Stilton but love this soup. I make it regularly as it's the only cheese my mum can tolerate.

OhtoblazeswithElvira Sat 18-Feb-17 19:13:10

I love Stilton but hate this soup grin
<helpful>

GetAHaircutCarl Sat 18-Feb-17 19:21:08

elvira grin.

thenightsky Sat 18-Feb-17 21:30:58

I hate blue cheese and its weird up your nose vapour thing. However, I do make broccoli and stilton soup which I love. I just cut down massively on the stilton (think half or less what recipe says).

Cookingongas Tue 21-Feb-17 09:59:17

Nothing to add but a thank you- broccoli and stilton soup for lunch it issmile

Andy5564 Tue 21-Feb-17 14:01:39

Hate blue cheese. Can't even imagine how it could be tasty smile

abbsisspartacus Thu 23-Feb-17 17:18:13

Get a mild blue cheese gorgonzola maybe?

Hastalapasta Thu 23-Feb-17 17:32:58

I make broccoli and blue cheese soup, cheese hating DH loves it. Also do broccoli and brie which is nice too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now