Talk

Advanced search

fair trade milk

(11 Posts)
Trethew Fri 17-Feb-17 09:22:45

I buy fair trade bananas and fair trade tea. Where can I get fair trade milk?

PickAChew Fri 17-Feb-17 09:26:35

Supermarkets will make a big selling point of whether they set out to pay farmers a fair price for their milk. M&s, waitrose and co-op usually do, and I think Sainsbury's and Morrison's do. Tesco does when it thinks someone's looking.

ErrolTheDragon Fri 17-Feb-17 09:31:21

All of Booth's own-label milk : www.booths.co.uk/fairmilk/

NotCitrus Fri 17-Feb-17 09:37:21

All supermarket milk is from the UK and I think they all now meet the Code of Practice for Fair Treatment of Dairy Farmers. You'd have to Google for the brands in small shops. I think Lidl finally adopted it last year after pressure but would have to check.

Trethew Fri 17-Feb-17 10:05:14

I appreciate there have been good moves to pay farmers more fairly for their milk, and I think the quality of our UK milk is second to none, but I would like to find a way of buying milk that does not come through massive industrial dairies and supermarkets.

Trethew Fri 17-Feb-17 10:06:40

Is there an equivalent of Booth's in the far south west? God knows, there are enough cows down here

PickAChew Fri 17-Feb-17 11:10:43

You're probably best off finding a local supplier. Some farm shops and deli's here in the north east sell acorn dairies milk and butter, which is fairly local and organic and bypasses all the big conglomerates.

BikeRunSki Fri 17-Feb-17 11:14:20

Can you buy it direct from a farm? (I do).

NewBallsPlease00 Fri 17-Feb-17 11:14:45

Sainsburys

cdtaylornats Fri 17-Feb-17 14:21:37

Buy a cow?

Blondie1984 Fri 17-Feb-17 23:42:18

In Asda you can buy Arla Farmers Milk where an extra part of the money goes back to farmers - not sure if you can buy this in other supermarkets though....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now