Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Slow cooker breakfast?

(5 Posts)
Ineverdidmind Fri 17-Feb-17 08:37:06

Hi,

Does anyone have any tried and tested slow cooker breakfast recipes they'd like to share? Something healthy, that can be cooking overnight?

Thanks!

Penfold007 Fri 17-Feb-17 09:19:00

I do porridge in mine, I use proper porridge not quick cook oats. Lightly butter or oil slow cooker pot, add one cup of oats to two cups of cold water, cook on slow over night. Serve with toppings of your choice. I find adding milk at the cooking stage results in burning.

There is a really good group on Facebook 'Slow Cooked Wonders' with tried and tested suggestions including overnight cooked breakfasts.

Ineverdidmind Fri 17-Feb-17 19:39:10

Ah OK thanks. I'd thought about doing porridge but wasn't happy at the idea of leaving milk warm for so long. Is it still creamy just with water? Or I suppose you could you some milk in the morning to cream it up?

Ineverdidmind Fri 17-Feb-17 19:39:58

I'll check out the FB group too, thanks.

Penfold007 Sat 18-Feb-17 12:39:17

OP had the same concerns re leaving milk warm and would water only be creamy enough. Pleasantly surprised with the water only results, DC enjoyed their breakfast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now