Talk

Advanced search

Romantic valentines meal anyone?

(11 Posts)
flumpybear Tue 14-Feb-17 17:41:15

What you guys cooking for your loved ones .or what are they cooking for you!?

Tonight we have
Thai fishcakes and leaves for started
Chateaubriand, peppercorn and red wine sauce with mash and fresh veggies

Pudding - chocolates and nice film on the telly!!.... wine of course!!!

Never cooked chateaubriand ... nervous!!!! shock

mjt73 Tue 14-Feb-17 17:43:12

Don't have anyone to share it with 🙁

Jellybean83 Tue 14-Feb-17 18:25:17

DS and I had spaghetti bolognese together, DP is working late so since it's Valentine's Day I've told him to call me when he's 20 mins away and I'll make his pasta from fresh instead of him having congealed reheat pasta, which is what usually happens. He's missed dessert though as DS and I have eaten it all. grin

Meercat2 Tue 14-Feb-17 18:27:47

Cooking pheasant, rosti potatoes and wild mushroom sauce

Cookingongas Tue 14-Feb-17 18:58:50

Goats cheese quenelles with a walnut salad (Lisa Faulkner recipe)

Beef topside roast with a Stilton gravy, broccoli, yorkshires and roast potatoes

I don't do desert

supadupapupascupa Tue 14-Feb-17 19:01:27

I'm ill so have postponed to Friday. But then we will be having basilicata lamb casserole and lemon cheese cake.

flumpybear Tue 14-Feb-17 19:28:52

Oh no supa and MJ!!! MJ perhaps a romantic meal for 1 and something you like!? Bubble bath and wine would be on my list lol!!

Loving the sound of the other meals ... I don't eat pasta but my husband and kids much prefer fresh pasta !

Stilton gravy .... yummy!!!

Our chateaubriand was amazing you could cut it with a spoon - I know because I tried!!!!! wink

Highlove Tue 14-Feb-17 20:37:30

Sausages and baked beans and bread and butter. Then we really pushed the boat out and shared a little bar of Green and Blacks 70%. Poorly baby tonight so couldn't be bother to cook properly and we're too skint for a takeaway at the moment.

Rainshowers Tue 14-Feb-17 20:39:04

We forgot to get anything so have just had fish and chips!

SagelyNodding Tue 14-Feb-17 20:43:40

DP made homemade burgers as we had unexpected guests...I had made a fabulous spicy Moroccan chickpea soup and flatbreads and a chocolate cake with coffee icing, but I'm saving the soup for tomorrow and might offer cake to our guests later if they aren't too stuffed!

DeliveredByKiki Thu 16-Feb-17 01:51:16

DH was away so DC and I home made pizzas in the shapes of hearts (even used cookie cutter on salami) and had home made heart and kisses shaped cookies for pud

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now