Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tried and tested turkey leg recipes please!

(4 Posts)
HughLauriesStubble Wed 08-Feb-17 10:53:26

I have 2 big turkey legs that need cooking today and I'm looking for inspiration. Dh isn't overly keen on them (no idea why since he happily eats turkey at xmas and turkey mince and breast steaks the rest of the year hmm )

Already have roasties and carrots to go with it, so am aiming for a roast type recipe but am open to other suggestions. Anything that will give a yummy juicy result will do!

sadie9 Wed 08-Feb-17 15:34:07

Hmmm, turkey legs are fairly awful. They have very little meat on them and a load of sinews and stuff. They won't be yummy and juicy at all, sorry! Speaking from my own disappointing experience, as if you roast them they go even more dry and horrible... you could try putting them in an oven dish with the other root veg and drizzling with olive oil and some garlic cloves and rosemary, and thyme. Also put in some jacket potatoes at the same time, so if the legs are fairly bad at least you have the baked potatoes and roasted veg...

HughLauriesStubble Wed 08-Feb-17 15:47:33

Are they really that awful? I've always found them quite nice! blush I haven't had them in ages, I used to roast them with garlic and herbs but can't remember the exact recipe. I think dhs aversion comes from the fact that they are dark meat.

missmoffatt2705 Wed 08-Feb-17 16:05:00

With the help of a You Tube video, I deboned the turkey leg and stuffed it and then tied it up and roasted it. Although I do agree that there are lots of sinewy bits to deal with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now