Talk

Advanced search

White lentils

(4 Posts)
PenelopeHS Sat 04-Feb-17 19:56:25

I have a big bag of these taking up space in my cupboard, but I don't know what to do with them. When I made dhaal with them I didn't think it was very nice, they seemed to go to nothing and they didn't have a nice texture. I imagine if have a similar problem with other recipes i usually use red lentils for, like lentil cobbler. Are there any recipies that particularly lend themselves to white lentils?

OrchidaceousRose Sat 04-Feb-17 20:55:11

I make a soup with cannelloni beans that might work. Simmer beans/lentils in stock, then liquid is enough. Grate some ginger, squeeze out the juice and add to the soup before heating through. Serve with a swirl of good olive oil. Best when quite thick.

PenelopeHS Sat 04-Feb-17 21:01:00

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is the white lentils are so small they go to nothing and I think that would probably happen in any soup! Your recipe does sound nice for beans or larger lentils though. Maybe I need to cook them a bit less.

PenelopeHS Sun 05-Feb-17 11:11:00

Any experts on Indian cooking? are they good for lentil patties or something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now