Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which non-dairy milk for tea?

(14 Posts)
PorridgeAgainAbney Fri 03-Feb-17 20:31:31

I'm aiming to eliminate dairy from my diet and have no problem using nut/oat milks for breakfast and in sauces, but I'm really struggling to find a nice milk to use in my tea.

I like my tea really milky but I'm finding the high water content in the plant milks means it's way too strong or I have to put so much in to get the taste milky enough that it's cold.

Help me to find my tea bag's new best friend smile - what do you use to keep the milky taste?

Nemesia Fri 03-Feb-17 20:37:02

For me it is alpro unsweetened long life soya but I have been vegan for a very long time and soya milk was the only option back then (it was vile too, much nicer now!)

Captainladder Fri 03-Feb-17 20:38:25

Alpro almond milk and don't make the tea as strong.

MollyHuaCha Fri 03-Feb-17 20:38:38

Cashew milk makes gorgeous hot chocolate brew

PorridgeAgainAbney Fri 03-Feb-17 21:09:35

To be fair, I have my tea milky AND weak, the tea bag just has a quick dip in the water to say "hi" before being whipped out again. My husband says I drink hot watery milk that's a bit beige grin.
I don't think I've ever noticed cashew milk, but i like the sound of that because the nuts are so creamy!

Autumntactics Fri 03-Feb-17 21:14:37

Unsweetened soya for me too, any brand, I think it needs more than cows milk though

Slippersandacuppa Fri 03-Feb-17 21:15:55

Oatley barista milk - best vegan milk I've ever tasted. We use it for everything now! I love the whole range.

MollyHuaCha Fri 03-Feb-17 21:35:19

This is not cheap, but it's lovely.

Iwannasnack Fri 03-Feb-17 21:36:14

Oat milk was the best I found. To be honest none of them were great. I ended up training myself to like it black.

HeyJudy Fri 03-Feb-17 21:42:58

Agree with Oatly, I'm not even trying to cut out dairy but drink my tea with it because I like the taste.

ElsieBobo Sat 04-Feb-17 10:38:02

Definitely Oatley Fomable (barista). Have tried them all and it's definitely the best in tea.

987flowers Sat 04-Feb-17 20:18:12

I never found one I liked and ended up drinking it black but as you like milky tea I'm not sure that would work for you!

gladyoucame Sat 04-Feb-17 20:20:03

I like unsweetened soya, followed by unsweetened almond for tea. Oatley barista is good for foaming in aerocinno for coffee.

OrchidaceousRose Sat 04-Feb-17 20:53:18

Koko coconut milk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now