Talk

Advanced search

edamame soya beans

(5 Posts)
toucanplaythatgamee Thu 02-Feb-17 19:13:16

So following a substitution on the shopping order this week I seem to have acquired 600g of edamame beans. Rather than send them back I thought I may as well try them (pretty sure I haven't had them before) so wondered if anyone could recommend any recipies etc I'm not too sure what to do with them!

OhHolyJesus Thu 02-Feb-17 19:17:22

Out of their skins I treat them like peas and add them to rice dishes or chilli or casseroles - or dried with garlic and salt. I think you can whizz them up into dips too but never tried that.

MoMandaS Thu 02-Feb-17 19:18:18

Are they fresh, in their pods? Un-pod them and use them in stir fries or eat them raw as snacks, or use them in place of peas.

YouMeanYouForgotCranberriesToo Thu 02-Feb-17 19:20:19

If they are in the pods then put them.in a bowl with a bit of water, cover and microwave for about 3 mins. Drain the water, sprinkle with salt and suck the beans out of the pod. Delicious! In fact, I'm going to get some now.

NotDavidTennant Thu 02-Feb-17 19:23:45

If they're still in the pods chuck them in a pan and let them simmer for ten minutes. Drain them and put them (pods and all) in a dish. To eat them you kind of suck them out the pod. Add salt or chilli to taste.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now