Talk

Advanced search

Can you freeze homemade rice pudding?

(6 Posts)
newstartamiready Wed 01-Feb-17 07:22:46

I made lots of it and know I won't eat it within a few days! Can it be frozen? Would it still taste ok after?

milkmoustache Wed 01-Feb-17 09:34:17

It would probably go a bit claggy when defrosted, but serve it up with plenty of jam and a smile and you should get away with it...

FlukeSkyeRunner Thu 02-Feb-17 07:21:16

I find it freezes very well, my family can't tell if it has been frozen it nit once it is warmed up.

ppeatfruit Fri 03-Feb-17 15:55:39

Yes it freezes beautifully. Just make sure your container is tightly closed and don't fill it up to the top. (it expands when frozen). Label it too! Sorry if you know all this but its easy to forget!

CryingShame Fri 03-Feb-17 16:00:14

Rice is bad for food poisoning so make sure you thoroughly reheat it when you defrost it and get it cold and frozen asap.

ppeatfruit Fri 03-Feb-17 16:08:53

Crying It's no worse than anything else; that research was based on restaurants who take the rice out of the fridge\ freezer every day to wait for orders and if it doesn't get used they put it back in the fridge. To repeat the next day !!

I have eaten rice for many years and I keep it in the fridge, with no problems at all. I don't leave it out to warm up though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now