Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

sticky lemon chicken recipe please

(14 Posts)
triplets Tue 31-Jan-17 01:17:38

Looking for a lemony chicken recipe to do as a tray bake to feed 10, something salty/garlicky with maybe olives as I found some lemon flavoured green olives in Tesco today.........thank you!

sandraa123 Tue 31-Jan-17 04:24:19

Checkout in YouTube, you will get a lot.

ZuzuMyLittleGingersnap Tue 31-Jan-17 05:25:04

If cooking time allows, this is seriously delicious.

And the cooking smells! Mmm <salivates at memory>

Just double up quantities...2 pans would easily feed 10.

Lemon olives would be a great addition, IMO, though I admit I'm biased...would happily eat them morning, noon and night blush

sashh Tue 31-Jan-17 05:35:02

This is my sticky chicken recipe, it can be made with lemon or orange juice, I prefer the OJ.

16 chicken wings or 8 drumsticks
4 cloves of garlic
1 piece root ginger (about 1 inch square)
55 ml runny honey
juice of one orange or 2 lemons (suppose you could mix)
1 teaspoon chilli powder
55 ml soy sauce

chop the wings in 3 pieces at the joints, disgard the tips

Mix everything else together in a bowl, then add the chicken and marinade for 2-24 hours - best to do this in an ovenproof dish because then you can just stick the dish in the oven.

Oven gas 7 (I obviously wrote this when i lived somewhere with a gas oven)

If you like this then when it gets warmer you can also BBQ it, take it out of the marinade first though.

triplets Tue 31-Jan-17 23:19:28

two lovely recipes thank you..............think the Nigella one will be perfect, that's exactly what I wanted, I got a bargain at the butchers today 4 huge chicken legs and 6 huge breasts on the bone for £13.......in the freezer!

ZuzuMyLittleGingersnap Wed 01-Feb-17 08:40:02

It's pretty moreish, OP, I warn you! Let me know how it it's received by your guests...

sashh,
Yours sounds great. I'm definitely going to give that one a go on the BBQ. Thanks.

triplets Wed 01-Feb-17 22:45:58

Wont be cooking it until March, group of us off to the Norfolk Broads for the w/end to hopefully celebrate an all clear scan for ovarian cancer, just finished my chemo last week. x

ZuzuMyLittleGingersnap Thu 02-Feb-17 02:04:08

Wow, triplets, that certainly is something to celebrate... flowers

Have an incredibly well-deserved, fun and relaxing time in Norfolk. And enjoy the chicken!

triplets Thu 02-Feb-17 22:44:40

Thank you Zuzu and I love your user name smile x

ZuzuMyLittleGingersnap Thu 02-Feb-17 22:57:38

Thanks!
Your chicken recipe request to "It's A Wonderful Life" appreciation, within 1 short thread...who says MNers aren't multifaceted? wink

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 02-Feb-17 23:00:59

Fingers crossed for you triplets

triplets Fri 03-Feb-17 23:32:51

<<waves to fgmid>>......how are you? xx

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 04-Feb-17 09:35:33

Feeling positive, tumours are shrinking and we have a hot date with a liver surgeon next week

triplets Sat 04-Feb-17 10:20:07

That is good news always, surgery is the key to long remission, oh good luck! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now