Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for dips

(21 Posts)
PinkCloudDweller Sun 29-Jan-17 22:45:36

Hi! We often do dips and crudités on Sunday night and my DC love to help preparing them. Our repertoire is rather limited: houmous, cream cheese with garlic and yogurt, guacamole and that's pretty much it. Can you suggest any others? Nothing too complicated or time-consuming, please, or the kids will lose interest! Thanks!

TheOtherSock Sun 29-Jan-17 22:47:43

Soured cream with chives stirred in. Baba ganoush is nice but might be a bit labour-intensive.

FelixFelix Sun 29-Jan-17 22:47:52

Not sure if you're fish fans but smoked mackerel dip is amazing. It's more of a pate than a dip but still great. I believe it's smoked mackerel fillets, plain yoghurt, lemon juice and horseradish.

I've been having a really nice beetroot and mint dip from Morrisons and Co-Op which shouldn't be too hard to replicate. I'd google to see if there's a recipe as it's delicious.

sashh Mon 30-Jan-17 05:25:12

I clove of garlic minced, 1 small tub of natural yogurt and a few spoons of mayo for a garlic dip.

Leave out the mayo and add tarter sauce instead, with or without garlic.

Jellybean83 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:02:57

I'm addicted to Sriracha hot sauce and a favourite dip of mine (apart from just the sauce itself) is a mix of sour cream, Mayo and hot sauce. Goes with everything.

ChickyDuck Mon 30-Jan-17 21:06:28

This jumbo chilli dip by Nigella is addictive and amazing. Works well as a dip but also delicious as a sauce for chicken, fish, pasta etc! I make double batches and keep in in a jar in this fridge for up to a week.

Stanley38 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:09:15

I made this sliced aubergine one for a Christmas cocktail party and it went down so well. Soooo good if you like curry flavour and a bit of spice. Not so much of you don't! www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/spiced-aubergine-dip/

Stanley38 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:09:39

*spiced not sliced aubergine!

picklemepopcorn Mon 30-Jan-17 21:09:50

Cream cheese blended with sweet chilli dipping sauce.

Jellybean83 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:10:58

ChickyDuck that picture has just made my mouth water, I'll be trying that at the weekend.

FusionChefGeoff Mon 30-Jan-17 21:12:54

Tsatsiki is great. Peel and slice cucumber lengthways, use teaspoon to scoop out the seeds. Grate cucumber into sieve, sprinkle salt to draw out moisture. Do something else for 10 minutes (or longer if you can). Squeeze out as much water as you can then add cucumber to Greek yoghurt, dried mint, crushed garlic and s&p to taste. Great with pitta slices.

mumonashoestring Mon 30-Jan-17 21:17:06

It's a bit 70s, but if you can find a packet-mix/dried French onion soup, mix a packet of it with creme fraiche or sour cream. It's gorgeous.

Peas also make a lovely fresh dip if you just about cook them, plunge them in cold water, drain them and blitz them with mint, a little lemon juice and some natural yoghurt.

TyneTeas Mon 30-Jan-17 21:19:37

Roast red pepper sauce is tasty

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/roast-red-pepper-sauce.html?

OutandIn Mon 30-Jan-17 21:23:36

The coop beetroot dip is lovely. I quite like a dip of berlotti beans mayo yogurt and the red peppers all blended.

Laska5772 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:25:25

If you can eat peanuts then Gado Gado dip is fantastic!

Crumbs1 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:28:15

Smoked salmon dip made with smoked salmon, soft cheese, single cream and horseradish.

ChocoChou Mon 30-Jan-17 21:31:29

For ease so the kids can help prep

how about your favourite pesto mixed into mayo.

Mayo garlic clove crushed squeeze of lemon black pepper

Philadelphia cheese smoothed down on top then covered with a layer of sweet chilli sauce (yum yum yum)

Turquoisetamborine Mon 30-Jan-17 21:46:20

Blend a tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce with a clove of garlic, some fresh coriander and some grated cheese. Absolutely delicious.

PinkCloudDweller Wed 01-Feb-17 22:38:29

Thanks! So many ideas here, I can't wait to try them!

PinkCloudDweller Sun 12-Feb-17 19:24:50

Hi Chickydu! I've made the delicious Nigella dip you recommended and it was delicious, as well as minimum effort. Thanks!

piebald Mon 13-Feb-17 16:55:27

Mayo, cream cheese , tabasco,worcester sauce and horseradish
Or Mayo , yoghhurt blue cheese and worcester sauce and garlic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now