Talk

Advanced search

Butternut squash and golden beetroot

(4 Posts)
insan1tyscartching Tue 24-Jan-17 16:11:28

Ordered this meat and veg box absolute bargain and an extra 25% off with HEALTHYSTART to feed us this week. I don't normally buy butternut squash or golden beetroot as nobody is keen here but want to use it up even if I have to disguise it.
So any ideas please? Have a well stocked larder but don't really want to have to buy more food so would be great if your ideas used stuff from the box or the usual staples that I'm likely to have in.

AtleastitsnotMonday Tue 24-Jan-17 18:26:58

This BNS falafel recipe is my favourite. Love it. I've not got much experience of golden Beetroot but I would imagine you can use them fairly interchangeably with regular purple Beetroot.
I often do this Beetroot and sweet potato gratin as a side. Thinking about it you may even be able to sub the sweet potato for BNS and combine your two ingredients.

insan1tyscartching Tue 24-Jan-17 18:38:24

Thank you I like the look of both of those flowers

NotCitrus Tue 24-Jan-17 18:46:32

Cut squash in half, scoop out crud, drizzle with olive oil and some rosemary. Top and tail beetroot, cut in half, ditto. Roast for 40 minutes. Chop up and eat, mixed with rice or couscous, or just mixed together in cubes. If family don't like them, chuck them into the next bolognese-type sauce or stew you make.

Or melt cheese onto them. Makes everything edible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now