Talk

Advanced search

What can I cook with pork mince?

(8 Posts)
Chocolatecake12 Tue 24-Jan-17 10:45:54

I managed to buy pork mince instead of beef!
Kids hate bolognaise so what can I cook with the pork mince?

ChocoChou Tue 24-Jan-17 10:48:07

Meatballs!
Chop up small pieces of bacon, onion, red pepper mix with mince and breadcrumbs and an egg and seasoning.
Shape into balls, fry til browned, add tomato passata, herbs and simmer. Serve with spaghetti yum yum yum

MadHattersWineParty Tue 24-Jan-17 10:50:07

Pighouse Pie grin

My gran made it up. It's like cottage pie but with pork mince, and a layer of spring onion and leak under the potato.

It's actually really nice.

Asian pork burgers - mix in some very finely chopped onion, five spice and soy sauce, and shape into burgers - delicious.

LIZS Tue 24-Jan-17 11:51:15

Meatballs, lasagne, burgers

liquidrevolution Tue 24-Jan-17 11:56:19

ooh that sounds nice Mad I am definitely going to try that! I make a dish I made up called Posh Farmers Pie (or sometimes Farquar pie) with beef mince,thyme, tomatoes and roasted butternut squash topped with parmesan.

For Pork mince I usually do a meal I call 'bland Delia 70s style chinese pork and rice'. Its actually my favourite comfort food blush. Fry mince off with onion and green pepper add sachet of oyster and spring onion sauce and a hefty dash of the shwartz 'chinese' stuff and some hot water. Serve with rice.

Chocolatecake12 Tue 24-Jan-17 13:00:58

All great ideas! Thanks so much. I'll run them past the kids and let them decide - we will call it a mumsnet special!

justdontevenfuckingstart Tue 24-Jan-17 13:04:11

Mix dried sage in with the pork, get processed cheese slices, eggs and english muffins and make a macdonalds sausage and egg mcmuffin. Super lush. I need to do this actually now I think about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now