Talk

Advanced search

What can I do with boiled chicken breasts?

(8 Posts)
HeadlessGummyBears Tue 24-Jan-17 08:21:42

Just that really smile

cauliwobbles Tue 24-Jan-17 08:27:43

Coronation chicken on a jacket potato.

Mayo, curry powder, slithers of almonds, sultanas and voila. Or just buy the Stokes one which is amazing.

Destinysdaughter Tue 24-Jan-17 08:32:31

Make a pie! Chopped mushrooms, tin of Campbells condensed mushroom soup, cut the chicken up, simmer in pan for 5 mins, then put in pie dish with puff pastry, takes 5 mins, cook for approx 35 mins yum!

AtleastitsnotMonday Tue 24-Jan-17 18:43:31

Add cooked peppers and onions with some hot salsa and cheese and make quasedillas.
Add bacon, chopped peppers, spring onions and mayo and stir through cold cooked pasta for a simple pasta salad. Serve on a bed of fresh raw spinach.

1frenchfoodie Tue 24-Jan-17 20:03:00

Shred and combine with egg noodles, finely julienned carrots, celery and cucumber and a tahini, soy and ginger dressing. Thin dressing with a little chicken stock / the water the chicken was bolied in.

Teapot13 Tue 24-Jan-17 20:07:07

Make fajitas -- shred the chicken, then saute an onion, add spices (salt and pepper, cumin, paprika, chili, a tiny bit of cinnamon or cocoa if you like, or a bit of oregano). Add a bit of tomato paste and maybe 1/2 c. water and the chicken. Let it mix and simmer a few minutes. Serve in wraps or over rice with a side of refried beans. On wraps I would do guacamole, salsa, sour cream.

flapinko Tue 24-Jan-17 21:20:29

Chicken Noodle Soup - I made this tonight with rice noodles - it was surprisingly yummy:
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1869/chicken-noodle-soup

Also, this is one is nice for leftover chicken - easy to make crowd-pleaser, you can do with peas or spinach or broccoli if you don't have green beans:
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2320662/creamy-chicken-and-green-bean-pesto-pasta

diymania Tue 24-Jan-17 21:24:37

If you have too many you can slice and freeze. Then when you fancy a hot chicken sandwich/wrap or chicken noodle soup or a warm chicken salad you can just pop a few slices in a frying pan with a bit of oil to defrost and heat through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now