Talk

Advanced search

your favourite super easy slow cooker recipes is...?

(11 Posts)
Ididntwetmyself Tue 24-Jan-17 05:57:44

Single mum w/ 2 dc
Late back from school and I need to have dinner ready and waiting 2nights a week
TotAlly uninspired, what works for you??
P.s. Ds2 has an egg allergy

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 24-Jan-17 06:03:09

Roasting beef joint seared on all sides then into SC with salt and pepper. Thicken sauce with posh beef gravy granules.

gaggiagirl Tue 24-Jan-17 06:07:40

Packet of mince and a jar of dolmio.

Meat, veg and a packet mix.

Are you on Facebook? There is a fantastic slow cooker group on there called slow cooked wonders.

Cookingongas Tue 24-Jan-17 07:34:36

Chorizo and butter bean stew

Slice chorizo, onion, and peppers , chuck them in slow cooker.
Add 1 tin of tomatoes, 1 tin of butter beans, 100ml chicken stock, 1tsp each of smoked paprika, cumin, pepper, and cayenne if you like spice.
If you have thyme knocking about it adds a nice flavour.
Leave for 6-12 hours on low.

Cookingongas Tue 24-Jan-17 07:39:01

pork shoulder is great too- I'm not a fan of barbecue but I did a shoulder rubbed in fennel seeds, garlic, thyme and chilli the other day. Cooked for 10-12 hours- shredded and in rolls with coleslaw. Was delicious.

SittingDrinkingTea Tue 24-Jan-17 07:42:58

Beef stew. A packet or two of cubed stewing beef sprinkled with flour and browned off in a frying pan, then put in the slow cooker with a tin of chopped tomatoes, a crumbled oxo cube, a couple of spoons of caramelised onion chutney (this is the secret ingredient) and half a pack of chopped frozen mixed stew vegetables. I usually serve it with French bread so I don't have to do anything more than dish it up when we want to eat.

Cookingongas Tue 24-Jan-17 07:52:34

I realise I haven't picked a favourite and this will be my last, but Soup is delicious in the slow cooker. I did a red lentil and veg last week with- 100g red lentils, three carrots, a parnip, a celery stalk, an onion and two cloves of garlic. All in the slow cooker with a bay leak, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper, and enough chicken stock to cover.

Leave for the day, and blend with a stick blender on return. Remember with soups that you use less (much less) water than on the hob. You can add water later to loosen a thick soup- if you over water and need to reduce it then you may as well have done it On the hob anyway.

dannyglick Tue 24-Jan-17 12:49:34

The Schwarz Slow Cooker spice mixes are tasty and easy: just add meat and veg ingredients according to the pack instructions.

Ididntwetmyself Tue 24-Jan-17 20:06:36

Ooh lots of tasty sounding tips - thanks all !

Here's a question. Meat free chuck-it-all-in?

Off to find the fb group...
wink

ChaircatMiaow Thu 26-Jan-17 01:11:05

Slow cooker Central is my fav recipe book. They also have a FB group and website

midsomermurderess Sat 28-Jan-17 19:30:43

I am using quite a few of the Spice Taylor sachets at the moment. I have a neck of lamb, chickpea and spicy Punjabi curry simmering away in mine right now. It smells delicious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now