Talk

Advanced search

Comic relief Jamies Little Book

(9 Posts)
LowFatMilkshake Fri 23-Feb-07 16:08:39

I have just made the flapjacks in this book and am wholy unimpressed. Cooked exactly as directed and although firm on the surface, was a soggy mess below.

Recipe took a whole block of butter and most of a can of golden syrup - money could have been better spent!

wurlywurly Fri 23-Feb-07 16:09:50

I wanted to get that book, wont if its crap

brightwell Fri 23-Feb-07 16:10:08

I was thinking of getting the book, is it any good, I take it the flapjacks weren't!

MrsBadger Fri 23-Feb-07 16:11:27

have my mum's ancestral recipe instead

LowFatMilkshake Fri 23-Feb-07 16:11:38

I am sure DH will eat them, but they are so greasy! No way DD could take them to pre-school!

LowFatMilkshake Fri 23-Feb-07 16:13:36

Thanx MrsBadger

Waswondering Fri 23-Feb-07 16:26:02

I looked at that book and thought I already had most of the recipes in the variety of Jamie books that I have. . .

Hayls Fri 23-Feb-07 16:28:19

I made the flapjacks and they turned out perfectly, were soooo yummy as well. I didn't use as much sugar or syrup as he said though, wonder if that made a difference?

LowFatMilkshake Fri 23-Feb-07 19:55:14

Could have done hayls! But I have to say although they were a gooey mess and not set in the time the book recommends to take them out of the pan, they have now hardend in their odd shapes and taste really delish - as good as M&S flapjacks. DH is impressed, but he cares noting for presentation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now