Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Veg or meat stock suitable for 9 month old

(9 Posts)
LauraGas Thu 22-Feb-07 20:01:02

Does anyone know of a veg or meat stock that has no salt in it so suitable fora 9 month old? Have looked in Tesco but they all seem to mention salt on the ingredients. Thanks.

ScottishThistle Thu 22-Feb-07 20:02:06

No sorry but very easy to make your own stock!

Waswondering Thu 22-Feb-07 20:02:18

I think you either have to make your own - Annabel has a recipe for chicken stock - or omit and replace with eg a dash of milk.

funnypeculiar Thu 22-Feb-07 20:02:26

Kallo & Marogold do salt free ones ... but they are quite hard to find atm - think some health food stores stock them. otherwise, make your own?

funnypeculiar Thu 22-Feb-07 20:02:49

ahem, Marigold even

tortoiseSHELL Thu 22-Feb-07 20:03:02

I found a vegetable Lo Salt one in Waitrose - might have been that Kallo & Marogold one - it's a blue box.

BrownieBells Thu 22-Feb-07 20:03:53

I bought one called Vecon from a Health food shop when I had the same problem. (also now use it in home made soups for extra flavour!)

B

tiredandgrumpy Thu 22-Feb-07 20:04:18

Have found some low salt (organic) veg stock cubes in Holland & Barratt. From memory they're something like 'Kallo' - they do organic meat ones too, although these aren't low salt. Think they also do a bouillon mix.

AllBuggiedOut Thu 22-Feb-07 20:06:02

The Marigold one used to have peanut in - does it still?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now