Talk

Advanced search

Have you made fresh pasta? Do I use strong or plain flour?

(4 Posts)
AmericanPastoral Wed 11-Jan-17 14:54:22

I tried to get that 00 flour but couldn't. Should I use strong white or plain flour instead? Any other tips?

GuessHowMuchILoveGin Wed 11-Jan-17 19:20:43

I would just use normal plain if you can't get the 00. Waitrose sell it if there's one anywhere near you. What kind of pasta are you planning to make? My only tip after making some at the weekend is probably don't do it with a three year old unless you want to spend a lot of the time shouting. wink

AmericanPastoral Thu 12-Jan-17 10:52:12

Thanks Guess. Mine are older - 6 and 9 - and the 2 hour process.. did involve some shouting smile Thanks for the tip about Waitrose - my local one didn't have the 00 but strong flour worked fine and we were very pleased with the results - although dinner was very late.Next time I think I'll make the dough ahead of time and the dcs can use the pasta machine.

GuessHowMuchILoveGin Thu 12-Jan-17 14:01:46

Ah, glad it went well! My 00 bag is a few years months old so haven't looked for it lately. My boy really enjoyed it even if it is a massive faff! And the pasta is lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now