Talk

Advanced search

Coconut flour

(6 Posts)
Millielovehart Sat 07-Jan-17 16:11:49

Anyone have any easy ish recipes for coconut flour please?

SilenceOfThePrams Sat 07-Jan-17 16:17:45

Open bag. Open bin. Pour in. Start again.

Vile stuff, sorry!

But if you do use it (I prefer almond flour myself), a little goes a long way. So if using it in cakes/muffins, just start with a tablespoon, mix it in and leave it to stand; if the consistency feels right then bake it, if it seems sloppy after a while then add a bit more. It's definitely an acquired taste. You need more eggs to balance it.

Millielovehart Sat 07-Jan-17 16:20:13

Oh really? I thought it would be nice as I like coconut and being on a low carb diet.
I bought almond flour too but everything I've tried with that tastes weird.. confused

pklme Sat 07-Jan-17 16:24:31

I love stuff made with almond flour but it's so expensive! I'm after good coconut flour recipes too. It can have a claggy, gritty texture but it has worked a time or two. Can't remember what I made with it though.

Blondie1984 Sat 07-Jan-17 16:47:08

I mix some into my porridge and it's lovely!

Have a look on the Sukrin website - there are recipes using coconut and almond flour on there

everythingstaken123 Sat 07-Jan-17 22:19:07

I made this coconut bread yesterday which is low carb. I used xylitol instead of stevia because that's all I had but next time I wil try it with no sweetener at all. I think it's delicious - even better on day 2 (a tiny bit eggy straight out of the oven). Very healthy though and all the family liked it.

www.thecandidadiet.com/coconut-ingredient.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now