Talk

Advanced search

Healthy ready meals??

(7 Posts)
Greenfingeredfun Sat 07-Jan-17 15:06:13

Are there any? I hate cooking so want one night off a week (don't want a takeaway). It's me, my dh and two ds's

Blondie1984 Sat 07-Jan-17 16:49:47

Do you have a branch of "Cook" near you? Theirs are good - they also deliver www.cookfood.net

Blondie1984 Sat 07-Jan-17 16:52:26

Alternatively why not make a few meals that you can pop in the freezer and then just need to reheat in the oven? Things like lasagne, cottage pie, fish pie etc

AtleastitsnotMonday Sat 07-Jan-17 23:36:45

Waitrose do an Easy to cook range which has some relatively healthy options. We like the Cajun chicken breasts and the lime and ginger chicken, just bung in the oven in the tray they come with and serve with microwave pouch of rice/cous cous or the Waitrose sweet potato wedges from the same range.
It does of course depend how you define healthy!

Greenfingeredfun Sun 08-Jan-17 10:26:36

Checked the website and the nearest cook in 15 miles. There is a Waitrose nearby though so will check out their easy to cook range. Just a much healthier option than a take away really!

dannyglick Tue 10-Jan-17 21:00:29

The Slimming World ready meals from Iceland are nice, and the portions are generous.

NikGrayson Fri 13-Jan-17 11:42:53

What are the main E numbers to avoid please ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now